click to vote for us
vote weekly!
Ulrich and Helva's Cards Homepage Ulrich and Helva's Cards Homepage
AuctionSniper.com - AuctionSniper:  Your eBay sniping solution.

Locations of visitors to this page

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  The Lounge

Subject Topic: Hello..hello..testing, is this mike on Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Homer6 on April/04/2010 at 6:34pm - IP Logged
View Homer6's Profile Search for other posts by Homer6 Quote Homer6 Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Homer6
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
March/08/2004
3843 Posts
From the looks of things, I'd think the power is off here.  No Bob, Kis, Ron, PX, mm...no one.  Well...me, just little ol me.  Someone win the lottery?

-----------------
If you worry about tomorrow, you'll forget to live today.

Message posted by bobf on April/04/2010 at 6:58pm - IP Logged
View bobf's Profile Search for other posts by bobf Quote bobf Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
bobf
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
March/11/2004
2138 Posts
No it is not just you Homer.    I still exist, sort of.   Glad you showed up to break the monotony.

Would like to see some of the others show up occasionally too.

Just waiting for the ice to melt so we can start the yard work.   Sure do want to see spring this year.   Winter has been extra long and very cold.

Message posted by Homer6 on April/11/2010 at 4:22pm - IP Logged
View Homer6's Profile Search for other posts by Homer6 Quote Homer6 Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Homer6
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
March/08/2004
3843 Posts

Our winter was wetter than normal, but Spring has sprung and there's much to do.  Especially when our mower gets out of the shop.

I've noticed, too, the number of existing threads has shrunk.

-----------------

Message posted by bobf on April/11/2010 at 4:53pm - IP Logged
View bobf's Profile Search for other posts by bobf Quote bobf Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
bobf
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
March/11/2004
2138 Posts
Right about that.   You have to go and change the number of months from one to as many more as you want. Then you get to see all those posts that nobody comes back to see.

Message posted by Homer6 on April/25/2010 at 9:17am - IP Logged
Homer6
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
March/08/2004
3843 Posts

Had a family reunion last weekend, I ate too much as usual.  But it was sooooooo good, as usual.

If you ever get to Weatherford, OK, go to the airport and visit the Stafford museum.  For a small place it packs a lot of information about Stafford and space related equipment.  They even have either a Titan or Atlas booster on display, engine included.  And don't be in a hurry because there is a lot to see.

Finally got the yard mowed, even though it looked like it was going to rain; would have been a lot nicer if I could have mowed sooner but rain put that idea on hold. 

-----------------

Message posted by bobf on April/25/2010 at 11:09am - IP Logged
bobf
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
March/11/2004
2138 Posts
I thought you might have decided to fade away like all the others.

That sounds like a very interesting place to visit.    The wife and I found a place similar up in Hutchinson Kansas.   It is called the Cosmosphere.   They had one of those secret spy planes in there plus a lot of space items and historical stuff. It has been several years now so I can not remember it all.   But I remember it was a very hot and humid day and the museum was air conditioned.   If you like space museums you may like that place also.

I passed through Weatherford, OK, area a few years back.   I took I-40 all the way from about Knoxville TN to Gallup NM where I could turn right and go north to Cortez CO.   I just looked on Google Earth and found the location in OK and the museum at the airport, if Google Earth is right.   Never know when I might be back that way again.

On the 22nd we had another 3-4 inches of snow.    It is pretty obvious that you live a few degrees south of us if you have been getting rain.   We would like to have some nice showers and no snow for a while, like ten years.   I have mowed three times, fertilized, had the lawn aerated, all between snow storms.   I don't think we will get spring this year.   Probably just keep going winter to spring to winter until one day it will jump up to the 80's and summer will be here.

Message posted by Homer6 on May/01/2010 at 8:31pm - IP Logged
Homer6
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
March/08/2004
3843 Posts

I've been to Hutch a few times, though no time to visit the sites.  I'd love to go down into the salt caverns, but it would have to be a time not work related.

Our weather of late has been wind, very strong, showers, more very strong wind--gusts up to 60MPH, and the threat of showers.  It'd be nice to have several days of nice breezes instead of this stuff that threatens to blow you either into Nebraska or Texas.

Might not show up every day, but I'd at least try and make an appearance once a week.  Wouldn't want you to start talking to yourself on here.

Finally got the other two yards mowed today, what a mess.  Most everything was at least 10" tall so had to go real slow.  Actually, I had to mow both yards twice.  Once to cut everything and the second to pick up what cut grass was lying on the ground.  And I had to scrape the underside of the deck after mowing both yards.  Now if the weather holds Monday I'll lay into our lawn, though it won't be a bad as the first mowing I made last weekend.  Might even be able to catch the grass this time.

You haven't heard from anyone else?  Nada? Zlich? No one?

-----------------

Message posted by bobf on May/02/2010 at 8:05am - IP Logged
bobf
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
March/11/2004
2138 Posts
Hi Homer, good to hear from you.   I don't know why Ron or Princess don't show up occasionally to tell us how they are getting along.

I don't worry too much about talking to myself as that way I don't get into many arguments.

We have had those very high winds too.   It is called Arizona flying by again days.   It usually leaves a coating of red dust on everything.   As soon as it warms up and the winds slow down I will have the hoses out and rinse off the house, windows, patio, and see if I can get rid of all that red coating.

Yesterday the Denver TV weather report said that for April in Colorado it was about 15 degrees less than the usual daily average.    We all new it was colder and longer than the normal winters but that report made it a bit more official.   We have snow again today. No much but enough to convince you that the temperature is low.

All this cold must be due to the global warming trend that has NOT happened in over ten years now.

Message posted by Homer6 on May/02/2010 at 5:52pm - IP Logged
Homer6
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
March/08/2004
3843 Posts
Our April was warmer this year than last, we had one pretty good snow last April, as it seems to be every other year.  Our winter temps are really the result of either El Nino or El Nina, according to the weatherman.  And yeah, I do question global warming after seeing some of our weather.  But then again, I'm here and not everywhere, so warming may have some effect on other places.  But is it a natural event or has mankind been the may cause?  And is it really happening?

-----------------

Message posted by Homer6 on May/09/2010 at 8:54am - IP Logged
Homer6
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
March/08/2004
3843 Posts
Was about to crow that I finally got my lawn mowed, but saw...no one had been here.  Hmmm...

-----------------